From the invention of the press-stud for the textile industry, the ARaymond Network history is full of innovation.
Five generations of entrepreneurs looking to the future
A family business since 1865, the ARaymond Network* has developed and evolved over the generations. Patents, innovations, internationalisation, development of design offices, diversification of the market… Each generation brings its stone to the building and is proof of innovation, while capitalising on its inheritance.
The company has always made sense. Today the cooperative spirit is at the heart of future challenges.
- 1865: Creation of the ARaymond Network.
Albert-Pierre Raymond founded the company ARaymond in Grenoble.
It produced fastening elements for the glove and footwear industry.
- 1886: Invention of the press-stud, real worldwide success. Patents are registered in Europe and the USA. It was the beginning of an industrial adventure which lasted for more than 100 years.
Until 1999, the ARaymond Network created and manufactured accessories (press-studs, rivets, hooks, etc.) for the largest brands in the fashion industry.
- 1898: Creation of ARaymond in Germany.
First international subsidiary, based in Lörrach.
- 1925: Invention of the VITEX® clothing zipper. It was manufactured for 40 years.
- 1936: Start of the automotive business
Design of the first range of clips made from hardened steel for car trim panels.
- 1955: Start of plastic injection.
Launch of the first injected plastic fastenings for the automotive industry and creation of fastening clips for domestic appliances and furnishings.
- 1970: Development of a range of clips and clamps for shipyards and building sites.
- 1991: Launch of plastic connectors for automotive fuel systems (Quick Connectors)
- 1997: Launch of Techbond®, a simplified bonding process, by the company Raybond. Beginning of the "Ready-to-bond" fastening.
- 1999: Two European leaders in technical fastenings (ARaymond Network and Kamax Group), go into partnership to create the joint venture FACIL & Cie G.V.C. www.facil.be
- 2008: Establishment of a strategic plan globally which features the ARaymond Network as a collaborative organisation.
Confirmed opening towards new markets:
- INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT
- 2009: Acquisition of the Tinnerman company, metal fasteners specialist in the USA.
The ARaymond Network strengthens its position in the north American automotive market.
- 2012: The ARaymond Network and Radiall sign an agreement on the founding of a joint venture, Raydiall, dedicated exclusively to the passive and interconnecting component market, for the automobile market. www.raydiall.com
- 2013: TRUCK market: the ARaymond Network strengthens its position in the industrial vehicles market.