... to build a greener, more human and sustainable planet.
« The Global Compact, a framework that defines our actions »
A United Nations programme
The Global Compact is a programme that, under the guidance of the United Nations, invites businesses to adopt and support a set of core values, which are:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
- The Declaration by the International Labour Organisation on the Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work;
- The Rio Declaration on the environment and development;
- The United Nations Convention against Corruption.
Ten major principles have been selected, concerning 4 categories: human rights, labour law, environment and the fight against corruption.
1. Support and respect the internationally proclaimed human rights in the company's sphere of influence
2. Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Uphold the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
4. Eliminate all forms of forced and compulsory labour
5. Abolish child labour
6. Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
7. Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
8. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
10. Work against corruption in all its forms.
A company focussed on sustainable development
Since 2003, ARaymond has been committed to respecting the principles defined by the Global Compact. This programme constitutes a pedestal upon which the company is based to define global and local charters.
Present in India since 2007, ARaymond conducts for example, several actions relating to education (English courses and computer courses) and access to decent housing for families living near the company (brick constructions and sanitary equipment)
More than just economic challenges, these are the fundamental principles which enable teams to unite around common values.